Communicate the Plan and Engage Leadership
When communicating a housing as health care strategy to key leadership, these elements can help drive the most salient points.
Key Communication Points:
- Determine the state's share of funding for capital, operating and services.
- Create a plan to cover the nonfederal share of Medicaid, including new or existing resources.
Expected Return on Investment (ROI)
- Include outcomes, quality and cost.
- What are the short-term versus long-term ROI expectations?
- New laws, regulations or policies that may be needed.
- Alignment with other policy priorities in the state.