- Considered "permanent;"
- Integrated into the community;
- Tenant is offered choices;
- Heavily subsidized;
- Targets chronically homeless adults; and
- Tenants are likely to have substance use disorders (SUDs), chronic health conditions or behavioral health (BH) needs.
- Voluntary participation (Housing First approach);
- Comprehensive: Includes medical and BH, tenancy support and social services;
- Community-based or provided on site;
- Tailored to each tenant's needs so that he or she can live independently in the community;
- Care teams consist of case workers, housing specialists, clinicians; and
- May be provided through a partnership with a federally qualified health center (FQHC) or other community-based provider.